Protection+ Claim Policies
Protection+ package protection covers lost, stolen, and damaged items that fit the criteria outlined below. Please review the policies to understand what lost, stolen, and damaged items Protection+ will cover.
Note: At our discretion, we will replace the item or refund the cost of the item(s) alone. Shipping costs, taxes, and the Protection+ premium are not included. We also do not pay custom, duty fees, or other shipping and handling related expenses.
Lost Items Policies
Delivered but missing package:
At our discretion, Protection+ recoupment will require a police report if the customer’s package was marked as delivered but reported missing. In this event, the customer should accomplish the following:
- Customer files a police report and includes an explanation that Protection+ is a package protection service that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen or gone missing. To process the claim with Protection+, a copy of the police report will be required.
- Send Cruiser Corps the police report PDF, in addition to the order number and details related to the claim.
Upon request, Protection+ may require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or felony.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost; thus, Protection+ does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender and is reusable, customers will need to contact Cruiser Corps. To avoid return to sender delays, customers should include special drop-off instructions when placing an order if delivery issues are regularly experienced at the delivery address provided.
Only part of the order delivered
If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Protection+ does not cover the claim. The customer will need to contact Cruiser Corps.
If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Protection+ does not cover the claim. The customer will need to contact Cruiser Corps.
- If Cruiser Corps forgets to ship an item from the customer’s order, Protection+ does not cover the claim. The customer will need to contact Cruiser Corps.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
Protection+ does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to Cruiser Corps. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses to accept a delivery.
Protection+ may not cover the claim if the returned item is perishable or unable to be reused.
- Protection+ covers the customer’s order if the package gets lost in-transit back to the sender.
Order stuck in customs
Protection+ cannot cover an order when a customer’s order is stuck in international borders/customs.
- The customer’s next step is to pay the customs fees in order to receive the package.
- If Protection+ replaces something the customer has already paid customs on, Protection+ may approve and pay customs on follow-up shipping attempts.
Order marked as unfulfilled or unshipped
- If the customer’s order is marked as unfulfilled or unshipped, the order hasn’t been fulfilled yet by Cruiser Corps (Ex. low inventory of the items, internal delays with the fulfillment center, etc.).
- Protection+ package protection is not yet in action because the order has not shipped. The customer will need to contact Cruiser Corps about the order.
Claim filed too soon
- If the customer is filing a claim the same day that the package was marked as delivered, Protection+ may ask for customer patience in waiting 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Stolen Items Policies
Filing a police report
- On orders over $100, Protection+ requires evidence of the police report OR video evidence of the customer’s package being stolen.
- Customer files the police report and includes an explanation that Protection+ is a package protection service that has protected the customer’s package that has been stolen. Once filed, the customer sends Cruiser Corps the police report PDF in addition to the order number and details related to in the claim.
- Upon request, Protection+ may require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer inputs the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, Protection+ considers this as stolen and the procedure for stolen items should be followed.
Damaged Items Policies
- The customer may need to ship the item back to Cruiser Corps. Do not dispose of a damaged item without making sure Cruiser Corps does not require it to be returned.
If the customer received a broken item and needs to dispose of it (i.e. shattered glass), the customer needs to check their city ordinances and dispose of it properly.
A damaged item is considered to be a broken product when it is unusable, clearly fractured, shattered, bent (if not bendable), crushed, etc.
Protection+ does not cover cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.), packaging errors, or unsealed items. A partial refund may be offered pending upon the severity of the cosmetic damage.
- Protection+ may require additional evidence of the customer’s damaged item(s) (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
- For existing subscriptions where customers have purchased Protection+, if any items in the subscription were lost, stolen, or damaged in transit and can be purchased individually, Protection+ will reorder them. If the items cannot be purchased, they will be refunded.
- Protection+ cannot reorder and create an entirely new subscription.
- Protection+ cannot reorder customized items for the customer because of the additional liability of ordering the customer’s custom item incorrectly. Cruiser Corps can reorder with customer confirmation or offer a refund instead. In instances where the item is a custom product, customers will need to contact Cruiser Corps.
Out of stock
- Cruiser Corps can offer the customer a refund for the item that is out of stock. The customer can always use that refund to order the item when it’s back in stock. In these instances, customers will need to contact Cruiser Corps.
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Protection+ does not cover this.
- The customer needs to contact Cruiser Corps to remedy the incorrect address.
- If the customer is unsatisfied with their product, Protection+ is not a product replacement plan and the claim cannot be approved.
- If unsatisfied with a product, the customer needs to contact Cruiser Corps.
Too late to file
- Protection+ will take action on a claim that is filed within the boundaries of the domestic/international timeline policy. If a claim is filed outside of this timeline, Protection+ will deny the claim according to these policies:
- Claims for packages marked "delivered” must be filed after 5 days and before 15 days from the date the package was marked "delivered."
- Claims for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not "delivered") in US Domestic or Canada must be filed after 7 days (20 days for other international countries) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Protection+ will not cover it.
Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Protection+ will not cover it.
No tracking information
- Protection+ reserves the right to deny claims where no tracking number/information is available. In these instances, Cruiser Corps will seek to provide tracking information.
Non-sanctioned shipping address
- Cruiser Corps is based in the United States of America. Due to shipping policies in the US, Protection+ will not cover claims for items shipped to countries that are not sanctioned by the US. List available here
- If a customer does not respond within 5 days, Protection+ will automatically close the claim. Customers can reopen the claim by responding to the original thread.
Didn't want Protection+
If the customer’s package has not shipped, the Protection+ premium will be refunded.
- If the item has shipped, Protection+ is already protecting the package and a refund is not available.